Friday, July 6, 2007

scuba dude


As i clean and uncover these sadly interesting items, i thought that i would be questioning 'what the heck?' but as i press on and keep digging, i find that the true question is 'why?' Take these scuba flipper thingies here, which are so old that i fear they would dissolve if they actually ever came in contact with water, why oh why do we have them? I may be able to understand if someone in our family actually ever went diving, or snorkeling, or anything else that actually involved wearing these flippers, but we are just not that kind of family. we are more of the type of family to sit on the dock and laugh at the people who do wear flippers such as these. Unless back in the 80's my dad wore them in the bathtub for a good time, i cant imagine why we had them in the first place, let alone still have them.

i go for the bathtub theory.

I was seriously considering putting the flippers on to model them for you all, but i couldn't muster the courage. For i am afraid that they may have become a rest home for invalid spiders and heebeegeebies of all sorts. I found a creepy crawly worm thing the other night on the floor, it was fine while i thought it to be dead, but it was when it began to wriggle and have a little wormy seizure that i lost a good deal of my well maintained composure and totally freaked out. since then i trust nothing down there. it is war. i am confident that i shall conquer the junk, but suspect that the heebeegeebies and creepy-crawlies may out number me as well as the state of Iowa.

*-*-

PS if anyone wants to give me a random assortment of verbs, nouns, adjectives, plural nouns, numbers and a variety of liquids (i think i have covered all of my mad lib bases here, if you think of anything else just throw 'em in) i'll pick a mad lib and put in your words for you and put the story on the blog :) if anyone is interested that is.

2 comments:

Khadijha Caitlin said...

Whats a noun? I know its sad but for the life of me I cannot remember the difference between a noun and a verb. That is so scary...

jennifer said...

hi caitlin :) never fear, i and all my groovy gramatical greatness am here, as well as all of my awesome alliteration. a noun is a person place or thing, a verb is an action word, an adjective describes somebody or something, and an adverb describes how something is done. some examples are
adjective=ugly
noun=turkey
verb=ran
adverb=stupidly
now give me some wonderful words!(like tuba for instance, thats a great word.)