Sunday, July 1, 2007

the basement, in all its hideous glory







OK, this is the view as soon as you walk down the basements terribly pea-green steps and emerge into our over-grown basement. a sneak peek into another realm known only as craptopia. i know, it kind of makes you want to run far far away and pretend that basements don't exist in the happy world you've created in your mind. or at least that's what it makes my mom feel like, because that is exactly what she does, well, except when she carries more loads of crap down there to pile mindlessly on top of the other crud. it's overwhelming to her. but i hate to break it to you, putting more crap down there will not help it. or will it? and so, this is the end product of many moons of hoarding and over piling, the cave of eternal sorrows, also known as my basement. up until now i haven't been any help, being the majority of my earthly belongings are piled there near my red couch, but so begins my journey of discovery and growth as well as a holy crap load of cleaning. it will be great, and lucky as you are, i will share my stimulating discoveries with you as go. yee haaa!

1 comment:

Khadijha Caitlin said...

Oh I love the pea green steps! They don't make carpet like they use to eh.
If I saw that for sale at a store I would feel obliged to buy it and carpet my basement with it!