Tuesday, October 9, 2007

the lurking bishop. he's #1!

This is the bishop of my interesting church, and no, he is not currently lurking in my basement. At least i don't believe him to be, though i have not set foot downstairs in , what day is it now? Tuesday ? um, about 12 years. I may be exaggerating by about 11 and three-quarter-ish years, but that's kind of what it feels like these days. So for all i know he is nesting in the insulation down there as i speak, but i doubt it, its too warm out to be bishop nesting season. Am i right or am i right? Anyway, why do i have his picture on here if he is not in my basement you ask? Because i was feeling a bit off, my son has been out of town with my ex-husband for 4 out of 5 days now, and i am really feeling his absence. But, when i was looking through my pictures this one totally cracked me up, and made me feel better. The pic was taken a few months ago at a surprise birthday party some church members threw for him. My friend holly and i made him a cake that kind of accidentally turned out looking like it was diseased, and there was a lady there who, unbeknownst to her, did a dead on impression of the cowardly lion when she laughed. Remembering how loopy it was still has me cracking up like a nut, so while i have effectively avoided cleaning anything that even slightly resembles a basement, at least i don't feel so lonely without my son anymore. Well, kind-a.

1 comment:

sweet_ass_holly said...

You know, I seem to remember that back in high school a gesture like that had something to do with the guy liking his penis. Its too bad that you didnt post the pic with the cowardly lion doing her impression, because whoever took that picture did a good job getting that action shot on the first try, unlike the 7 she had to take of Charlie before getting the perfect pic!!!!!